Call for Papers
IWIES 2013 will be collocated with IECON 2013, the flagship conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. These two conferences will hold concurrent sessions and joint activities, but each conference will publish its own proceedings. Participants can enjoy both IWIES and IECON conferences and receive both conference proceedings for a single registration fee.
Submission of Papers
The working language of the conference is English. Submit the full paper as PDF following the IEEE layout requirements by using the templates given at the conference web page. Accepted and presented papers will be published in an IEEE Proceedings volume and will be included in IEEE Xplore and indexed by EI Compendex.
The presented papers will be further screened for possible publication in IEEE IES/SMC Transactions.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Computational intelligence and soft computing (e.g., evolutionary/genetic algorithms, neural networks, fuzzy logic) in complex energy systems
- Modeling of complex energy systems
- Advanced simulation methods for Smart Grid development
- Advanced control and optimization algorithms
- Validation methods of applications and devices
- Recent developments in SCADA and distributed control technology (e.g., holonic concepts, multi-agent systems, service-oriented architectures)
- Integration of (distributed) stochastic energy generation
- Algorithms for automatic market participation
- Ancillary services for DER components
- Smart grid control
- Intelligent grid participants (e.g., DER, intelligent buildings, storages, charging devices)
- Integration of DER devices, storages and intelligent loads (e.g., intelligent buildings) into Smart Grids
- Topic related to e-vehicles (from a grid point of view)
- Cyber-security issues in intelligent energy systems
- Advanced communication systems and approaches for energy systems
- Training and educational aspects
- Standard-related topics (e.g., CIM, IEC 61850) for intelligent energy systems and Smart Grids